Derby House Principles
We are delighted to announce that the Third Nuclear Age Project is now signed up to the Derby House Principles on diversity and inclusion in professional wargaming
This means that:
As professional gamers we are committed to the Derby House Principles:
1. Promoting inclusion and diversity in professional wargaming, through the standards we set, the opportunities we offer, and access to activities we organise.
2. Making clear our opposition to sexism, racism, homophobia, and other forms of discrimination across the board, as well as in wargaming.
3. Encouraging a greater role and higher profile for colleagues from underrepresented groups in our professional activities.
4. Seeking out and listening to the concerns and suggestions of our colleagues as to how our commitment to diversity and inclusion could be enhanced.
5. Demonstrating our commitment to diversity and inclusion through ongoing assessment of progress made and discussion of future steps.
As a team we feel it is particularly important for us to publicly commit to these principles as we plan to ramp-up the conflict simulation component of our project over the next two years. We want to ensure that these professional skills, increasingly valuable in the national security job market, are available to all regardless of background. These commitments closely complement one the primary objectives of the Third Nuclear Age project, which is to equip and develop the next generation of nuclear policy analysts.